Published On: Tue, Nov 8th, 2011

Herman Cain Denies Sexual Harassment Allegations

GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain on Tuesday denied the latest sexual harassment allegations in a live televised press conference in Scottsdale, Arizona.

“The charges and accusations, I absolutely reject,” he said. “They simply didn’t happen. They simply did not happen.”

Cain reiterated from earlier in the day that he does not know Sharon Bialek, the Illinois woman who on Monday accused him of groping her while she was seeking employment at the National Restaurant Association.

Cain was introduced by Lin Wood, a notable Atlanta attorney.

“We are not going to allow Washington or politics to deny me the opportunity to represent this great nation,” Cain said. “As far as these accusations to cause me to back off or maybe withdraw from this presidential primary race, ain’t going to happen. I’m doing this for the American people and for their children and their grandchildren.”

Cain also accused “the Democrat machine in America” for aiding Sharon Bialek.

“The Democrat machine in America has brought forth a troubled woman to make accusations, many of which exceed common sense,” he said. “And they certainly exceed the standards of decency in America.”

Cain predicted that there will probably be others coming forward with similar accusations. He toned down his usually buoyant character, as he referred to prepared notes in opening his speech.

 

About the Author

- Contributor

Search Jobs